Unable to generate license for a new machine

Discussion in 'Licensing and activation' started by Elita Lobo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Dear Sir,

I am a Ms-Phd student at University of Massachusetts Amherst. I am currently working on testing latest algorithms in RL on robotic arm in Mujoco env via Open AI gym. This is a personal project that I have been wanting to work on since a very long time. I generated a mujoco license (trial) for my MAC on 6th January 19 for testing my implementation on the local system before moving to google cloud instance. As far as I am aware of, each user is allowed to generate license for upto 3 machines during the 30 day trial period but I am not able to generate it again for my google cloud linux instance.

computer_id: LINUX_Prenistestcisn_ikstanDe1453
    email id: elobo@umass.edu

Could you please look into this?

Also, is there any chance I could get a student license. It would help me a lot in build a base for pursuing research in RL. Since my current lab is a system's lab and has no need of this software, I cannot ask my lab to buy a paid license.

Edit: I was able to generate a license for a different machine (was checking if it is an issue of google cloud instance and in the process wasted my 1 license) but not able to generate license for google cloud machine with the above mentioned computer id. I am getting the following error:

We found an expired trial matching some of your information within the past year. You are eligible for only one trial per year. Note that if someone else requested a trial from the same IP address, we consider it a match.

I even created a new gpu instance on google cloud and it gave the same id for that instance and it generated the same error.

Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,
    Elita

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019