Invalid Computer ID with Windows 10 Linux Subsystem Bash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Roshan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Hi,

I'm trying to use the Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux bash environment with MuJoCo and openAI gym, and I am unable to generate a computer ID with getid_linux. I just get LINUX__095 as the ID. I need a Linux ID since trying to run my openAI gym environment with bash requires the linux version of MuJoCo. The Windows version does not have the right executables for the WSL bash environment. Is there another way to get a Linux computer ID? Thanks.

2. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

The hardware-locked activation keys use information about your computer, which is not available in the Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux apparently (because not all Linux features are supported). You could instead run native Linux, or install Linux in a VMWare virtual machine under Windows.

Note also that institutional license keys are not hardware-locked, so if you get a paid license through a company or a university this problem will go away.

3. I see. So without an institutional license MuJoCo won't work on WSL it seems? Thanks for the fast reply!